Thanks to Ann Schreiter Jonak for asking on Facebook…
1) Start with great coffee!
2) Fresh roasted and ground a day before brewing.
3) An even grind, not too fine or too course
4) Use a glass/glass-lined French Press, not plastic
5) Let the water boil, then settle before pouring
(filtered water tastes best!)
6) Use less water than you think you should
7) Steep for about two minutes
8) Plunge, count to 20 and serve
9) I pour any coffee left in the press into a pre-warmed stainless thermos
10) Since coffee will continue to brew as it sits in the press, the
combination press and thermos might not be such a good idea!
11) Sweet Maria’s has a French Press Tip Sheet @ http://zwurl.com/gfge